Connect with us

NIGERIA

FAAN makes U-turn, to pay full salary for May

Published

on

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has rescinded its decision to slash staff’s May salaries by 50 percent. A source privy to the meeting, held between the leaders of the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN), the Association of Nigerian Aviation Professionals (ANAP) and the management of FAAN yesterday at the agency’s headquarters in Lagos to settle the dispute, said that the Managing Director  of the agency, Rabiu Yadudu, made the decision to rescind the earlier directive in the interest of workers.

Part of the resolutions at the meeting, according to the source, was that the management would  pay 100 per cent May salary across all grade levels while subsequent months will be subject to improvement in revenue generation.

In a circular to staff, dated May 19, 2020, FAAN had said that workers would get 50 per cent salary cut in May, and when revenue collection resumes and improves, the balance would be paid. The agency said the move was to ensure its survival as the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted revenue after the Federal Government shut down airports for more than five weeks.

The memo, with reference number : FAAN/HQ/Admin/2020/05 , signed by the General Manager, Administration, Mohammed Musa, read part: “This is to notify all staff that due to the dwindling revenue generation amidst COVID19 pandemic, management may not be able to pay full salary to staff as from May 2020. However, as soon as the revenue generation improves, the balance will be paid. This measure is to ensure the survival of the organization.”

ATSSSAN and ANAP opposed the decision to slash salaries and gave the management 24 hours to call for an urgent meeting with the unions to discuss the memo sent to staff.  In a letter addressed to the Managing Director and signed by its Secretaries General, Frances Akinjole and Abdulrazaq Saidu,  the unions  said that they would embark on strike if the decision was not reversed.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NIGERIA

NNPC GMD, Kyari grilled by DSS over stolen $2.5b crude sold in China

Published

on

GMD Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari

The General Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari has reportedly been quizzed by the Department of State Security (DSS) last Friday.

News of the investigative interview was broken by Mr. Jackson Udeh on Tuesday.

According to Mr. Ude, Kyari was a guest at the DSS headquarters, Abuja, where he was answering questions regarding the alleged $2.5 billion crude oil secretly sold in China.

He was also reportedly queried over some alleged “shady deals in NNPC” under his watch.

Ude revealed that he left the DSS at about 1 am Saturday morning.

Efforts to reach DSS spokesman, Mr. Ifunanya is so far not successful as he is yet to answer his phone.

We will attach more details as soon as he provides them.

Meanwhile, in a separate post, Mr. Ude wondered why the Federal Government is yet to crack down on those that perpetrated the alleged crime.

He wrote: “In July 2015, Buhari placed a ban on 113 oil vessels from lifting crude oil from Nigeria, due to sharp practices. The same month, 48million barrels of stolen crude were discovered in several tank farms in China. In 2020, NNPC through it lawyers and paid media, says no crude stolen.

”Instead of dealing with the stolen crude that has robbed Nigeria and Nigerians of fortunes, NNPC and their minions are more concerned with the characters of the whistleblowers or those who found the stolen crude in faraway China.

“Journalists and lawyers are more interested in their personal benefits, they don’t investigate, not even with the availability of the internet, they reproduce what they are told to do.

”It is even shocking some who reported the 113 vessels ban, are also chorusing “no missing crude”.”

Continue Reading

NIGERIA

Nigeria’s capital tops record today of COVID-19 new cases

Published

on

Federal Capital Territory, Abuja recorded 90 new cases of COVID-19 cases on Tuesday out of the 304 new cases of recorded.

In the latest information disclosed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Twitter, confirmed cases of the virus in the country are now 44433.

The new cases of COVID- 19 across the country spread thus:

304 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria;

 

FCT-90

Lagos-59

Ondo-39

Taraba-18

Rivers-17

Borno-15

Adamawa-12

Oyo-11

Delta-9

Edo-6

Bauchi-4

Kwara-4

Ogun-4

Osun-4

Bayelsa-3

Plateau-3

Niger-3

Nasarawa-2

Kano-1

The total confirmed cases of COVID-19 across the thirty-six states of the countryb are 44,433 while 31,851 patients have been discharged after recovery.

910 patients have died of the virus.

Continue Reading

NIGERIA

Adoke’s trial for money laundry to begin August 11

Published

on

The Federal Government has filed an amended 14-count money laundering charge against former Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke as well as a businessman, Aliyu Abubakar.

The amended charge replaced an earlier seven-count charge on which Adoke and Abubakar were arraigned before Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on June 17 this year.

Both defendants were re-arraigned on Tuesday on the amended charge before the same judge and they pleaded not guilty to them.

Justice Ekwo adjourned till August 11 for the prosecution to open its case by calling its first set of witnesses.

In the old charge, six counts were directed at Adoke, while only one was directed at Abubakar. But in the amended one, seven counts are directed at each of the defendants.

Continue Reading

SignatureTV Trending

Copyright © 2020 Signature TV Communications