Connect with us

Entertainment

Justin Bieber files $20m suit against sexual assault accusers

Published

on

Justin Bieber has filed a $20million defamation lawsuit against the two women, Danielle and Kadi, who accused him of rape on social media.

The 26-year-old singer was forced to deny claims from the two women who both took to Twitter to accuse him of sexually assaulting them in 2014 and 2015 respectively.

In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Bieber states that he has ‘indisputable documentary evidence’ to prove the sexual assault claims are ‘outrageous and fabricated lies.

The Singer claims the tweets by Danielle and Kadi are ‘malicious’ in that they appear to be a coordinated effort to tarnish his reputation.

Danielle on the 20th of June had tweeted that the Canadian singer had molested her on March 9, 2014, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas.

According to her, she met Bieber while attending an event in Texas and claimed that she and her friends were invited back to the pop star’s hotel where she was raped.

Bieber however, claimed there was no truth to Danielle’s allegation and he can prove it.

According to the court documents, Bieber never had a room at the hotel but was instead staying at a nearby rental property with his then-girlfriend Selena Gomez.

In the legal document, according to TMZ, Bieber thinks the two social media account may, in fact, be run by the same person.

He is seeking $20 million in damages, $10 million for each story.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

American court denies Hushpuppi bail

Published

on

Alleged international fraudster, Ramon Abbas aka Ray Hushpuppi, was on Monday denied bail by a court in the Northern District of Illinois.

The self-acclaimed ‘Billionaire Gucci Master’, who has over 2.5 million followers on Instagram, will remain in detention until his trial later this year over money laundering allegations, the court said.

Hushpuppi will be transported to Los Angeles by the United States Marshals Service, and will not be allowed to stay with his girlfriend’s uncle in Homewood, Illinois. His trial is slated to be held in Los Angeles where the case was filed, rather than from Chicago where the investigation is being handled, Forbes reports.

Throughout the hearing, Hushpuppi’s lawyer denied that his client was a flight risk or a danger to the community, repeatedly rejecting the allegations made against his client by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s affidavit posted earlier this month.

The primary allegation leveled by the FBI is that Abbas was part of a network that made “hundreds of millions of dollars” from business email compromise frauds and other scams.

Assistant United States Attorney Melody Wells, a prosecutor in the Chicago district attorney’s office, convinced the court that Abbas is a flight risk, describing his “significant” financial assets, “deep ties to foreign countries” and a lack of ties to the United States.

Wells said Abbas had the “perfect recipe to flee the charges that he faces here.”

Hushpuppi had sought to live with a girlfriend’s relative in Illinois, but this was queried by the prosecutor, arguing that he had up to this point “never visited” the girlfriend or their child in the US.

“There is no evidence that he has ever even met this ‘Uncle’ who would be the third-party custodian under these circumstances,” Wells said.

The court ruled that there was “more than enough justification to order that the US Marshall bring Abbas to California as soon as possible to answer the complaint there.”

Ruling that Abbas had “A great incentive not to continue to respond to these proceedings here,” as he is “facing a long sentence”.

Last week Abbas’ lawyer Gal Pissetzky told Forbes that his client is, “Absolutely not guilty of the charges they are accusing him of,” describing Abbas as “an entrepreneur” who made his money legitimately through “real estate” and his work “promoting brands” as an “Instagram personality.”

At the hearing Pissetzky told the court that his client posed no flight risk because of the damage it would do to his credibility online, adding that “he is loved and respected. He is a celebrity. He would not want to ruin his credibility and status rather than stay here and face these allegations.”

Adding support to the claim that Abbas pays for his lifestyle through promoting designer products on social media, Pissetzky argued: “Mr Abbas is an Instagram personality. A social media personality. Of course, he poses with high price items because that’s what he gets paid to do.

“That’s what he has built from growing up very poor in Nigeria, he was able to develop himself into this very well-known personality with millions of followers on Instagram. He is an influencer — that is what my kids would call him — an influencer.

“And people seeing him with these Louis Vuitton bags or clothes, or Gucci bags and clothes, or these fancy cars and they go and want it. They wanna buy it. That’s a job today. As much as it’s hard to imagine — that’s a full-time job.”

Pissetzky made no mention of the claim on the “Hushpuppi” Instagram feed that Abbas works as a “real estate developer.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

BBNaija organisers reveal grand prize for Season 5 winner, other gifts

Published

on

Organizers of the Big Brother Naija, BBNaija show have revealed the grand prize for the winner of the reality TV programme as the premiere date for season five draws close.

Season 5 of the show is expected to premiere on July 19, 2020, with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu as the official host.

Chief Executive Officer, MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe on Monday said the season’s winner would walk away with N85m grand prize!

Ugbe said: “The fifth season of BBNaija marks a major milestone in the reality TV series. We are making this season significant by not only increasing the winnings but by also implementing other creative and innovative ways to ensure the show lives up to the premium entertainment especially during the current pandemic.”

The grand prize includes an N30m cash prize and a two-bedroom apartment amongst other rewards.

“The breakdown of the grand prize includes an N30 million cash prize; a two-bedroom apartment courtesy Revolution Plus; a top of the range SUV from Nigerian automaker, Innoson Motors; a trip to Dublin courtesy Guinness.

Also, the winner would have home appliances courtesy Scanfrost; a trip to Dubai by Travelbeta; a year’s supply of Indomie noodles, Munch it and Colgate toothpaste; a year’s supply of Pepsi, a branded chiller and a trip to watch the UEFA Champions League finale; and a brand new Oppo mobile smartphone.”

This is the biggest prize ever for the winner since the inception of the reality show.

In 2019, Mercy Eke won the BBNaija ‘Pepper Dem’ edition and took home N60m grand prize.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

EFCC begs court to deny popular influencer, Adeherself bail

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) has urged an Ikeja Special Offences Court to deny popular social media influencer, Adedamola Adewale Rukayat, also known as Adeherself bail.

Adeherself had been arraigned before Justice Sherifat Solebo of the Special Offence Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos on a one-count charge of possession of fraudulent documents

She was among five persons arrested by the EFCC for their alleged involvement in internet-related fraud.

The five suspects were apprehended in different areas of Lagos during a raid by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal Office.

Adewale, 20, and his accomplice, Lamina Hamzat Ajibola, were arrested at the Agungi area of Lekki, Lagos State, EFCC spokesman Dele Oyewale said.

At the beginning of the trial today, Mr Samuel Daji, the lead prosecuting counsel for the anti-graft agency, made the plea to court to deny Adewale’s bail hearing

“I urge the court to refuse the bail of the defendant and order accelerated hearing,” Daji said.

Earlier, the defence counsel, Mr Tunde Salami, had applied to the court to grant bail on liberal terms to Adewale who had been remanded in EFCC’s custody since July 7.

Following the submissions of the defence and prosecuting counsel, Justice Sherifat Solebo, adjourned the case till Wednesday for ruling on the bail application.

According to the EFCC, Adewale on June 15 when she was arrested had with the intent to defraud, had in her possession a fraudulent document entitled “WhatsApp.”

“The offence violates Section 318 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011,” Daji had said.

Continue Reading

SignatureTV Trending

Copyright © 2020 Signature TV Communications