Connect with us

NIGERIA

NNPC Announces Top-Management Level Appointments, Redeployments

Published

on

 

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced new appointments and redeployments in the National Oil Company, as part of ongoing efforts to strengthen and reposition NNPC for greater efficiency, transparency and profitability in line with the Next Level Agenda of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

Mr. Adokiye Tombomieye, the Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD), has been appointed the new Chief Operating Officer (COO), Upstream while Mr. Mohammed Abdulkabir Ahmed, the Managing Director of the Nigerian Gas Marketing Company (NGMC), has been appointed the new Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services, following the retirement of Engr. Farouk Garba Sa’id, last week.

A release by the corporation’s Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Dr. Kennie Obateru, stated that the change witnessed the redeployment of Engr. Adeyemi Adetunji, the Chief Operating Officer, Upstream, to the Ventures & Business Development Directorate as COO, a position left by Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare, who voluntary retired last week.

The top-level staff movement also affected Sir. Billy Okoye who has been redeployed from the NNPC Downstream Company, NNPC Retail Limited, as Managing Director, to replace Mr. Tombomieye as the Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division; while Mrs. Elizabeth Aliyuda, the General Manager, Sales and Marketing NNPC Retail Limited, takes over from Sir Okoye as Managing Director.

Similarly, Mr. Usman Farouk, Executive Director Asset Management and Technical Services at the NGMC takes over from Mr. Ahmed as Managing Director

The release also explained that President Buhari has accepted the resignation of Mr. Roland Ewubare, who was the immediate past Chief Operating Officer, Ventures and New Business Directorate of the National Oil Company while the retirement of the immediate past Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services, Engr. Farouk Garba Said had also received the approval of Mr. President who thanked the two former COOs for their meritorious service to the corporation.

Speaking on the development, Group Managing Director of the Corporation, Mallam Mele Kyari, said the new appointments would enable the corporation live up to the expectation of her shareholders, Nigerians, and give impetus to the ongoing restructuring within the Corporation, which, he said, was in line with the corporate vision of Transparency, Accountability & Performance Excellence (TAPE).

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NIGERIA

Soldier shoots man for not wearing a face mask

Published

on

A soldier allegedly shot a 27-year-old man in South Africa during an argument over why he was not wearing a face mask in line with Covid-19 regulations.

Police spokesperson Brig Motlafela Mojapelo, who confirmed the report on Friday, said the incident happened at a shopping complex in Mogwadi, Limpopo, on Thursday, September 17.

“Members of the national defense force were reportedly on duty monitoring Covid-19 compliance in the area when they approached a group of people who were not wearing face masks,” Mojapelo said on Friday.

“When asked why they were not wearing masks, an argument allegedly ensued and one of the soldiers shot the victim. The injured 27-year-old man was rushed to the hospital.

“The soldier, aged 29, was arrested and charged with attempted murder,” said Mojapelo. The soldier is due to appear in the Morebeng magistrate’s court on Friday.

 

Soldier shoots man for not wearing a face maskSoldier shoots man for not wearing a face maskSoldier shoots man for not wearing a face maskSoldier shoots man for not wearing a face mask

 

Continue Reading

NIGERIA

FG apologises for asking all bank, other account holders to re-register

Published

on

The Federal Government has apologized for asking all account holders in the country’s financial institutions to register their details again.

It was reported already that the FG earlier asked all account holders in banks, including insurance companies, to fill and submit a Self-Confirmation form.

The order was given despite the possession of the Bank Verification Number and the National Identification Number by account holders on Thursday.

Failure to do so, the Nigerian government threatened to block access to defaulters’ accounts or impose a monetary penalty.

The order to fill another Self-Confirmation form, despite the existing BVN and NIN, had attracted condemnations on social media.

However, in a tweet on Friday, the government apologized for misinformation.

It tweeted, “We apologize for the misleading tweets (now deleted) that went up yesterday, regarding the completion of self-certification forms by Reportable Persons. The message contained in the @firsNigeria Notice does not apply to everybody. FIRS will issue appropriate clarification shortly.”

In a press statement, the Federal Inland Revenue Service explained that only “reportable persons” are expected to submit the form.

The statement read, “This is to clarify the publication for financial institutions account holders in Nigeria to complete the self-certification form, pursuant to the Income Tax (Common Reporting Standard) Regulations 2019 which is for the fulfillment of Automatic Exchange of Information Requirements.

“The Self Certification form is basically to be administered on Reportable persons holding accounts in Financial institutions that are regarded as “Reportable Financial Institutions” under the CRS.

“Reportable persons are often non-residents. And other persons who have a residence for tax purposes in more than one jurisdiction or Country.

“Financial Institutions are expected to administer the Self Certification form on such account holders when the information at its disposal indicates that the Account holder is a person resident for tax purpose in more than one jurisdiction.

“The information that indicates an account holder is a resident for tax purposes in more than one jurisdiction, is expected to be available to Financial Institutions during the account opening processes for the KYC and AML purpose.”

Earlier, the Nigerian government said all persons holding accounts in different financial institutions are required to complete and submit the form to each one of their institutions.

It had tweeted, “This is to notify the general public that all account holders in Financial Institutions (Banks, Insurance Companies, etc) are required to obtain, complete, and submit Self – Certification Forms to their respective Financial Institutions.

“Failure to comply with the requirement to administer or execute this form attracts sanctions which may include monetary penalty or inability to operate the account.”

Continue Reading

NIGERIA

Gunmen kidnap two undergraduates, five others in Kaduna community

Published

on

Gunmen in the early hours of Friday invaded Barkallahu, Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State, kidnapping seven persons.

Among the seven persons kidnapped, five persons were members of the same family.

The bandits, it was gathered invaded the community about 1:30 am on Friday and shot indiscriminately as they went from house-to-house to pick their victims.

A resident, Abdulsalam Haruna, said the gunmen went away with his wife and four children.

Haruna, who spoke to newsmen, said two of the children were students of the Federal University, Malunfashi in Katsina State.

He also said the hoodlums left with two of his neighbour’s children, adding that the bandits attacked two other houses in the area, including that of a retired director in the Kaduna State Ministry of Education.

Haruna said, “The incident happened about 1:30 am (on Friday). They broke my gate and came into my compound. They broke the door to my house and ordered everybody to follow them.

“They went away with my wife and four of my children, two of which are students of the Federal University, Malumfashi, Katsina State.

“They also attacked my neighbour and went away with two of his children.

“Two other houses, including that of a retired director in the Kaduna Ministry of Education, were also attacked, but they did not kidnap anybody or carry anything there.

“We alerted the personnel but by the time they arrived, the bandits had escaped with the victims.”

The Kaduna State Police Command has yet to confirm the incident as the Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, could not be reached.

Jalige had also yet to reply to a text message sent to his mobile phone as of the time of filing this report.

Continue Reading

SignatureTV Trending

Copyright © 2020 Signature TV Communications