8th April, Today in History 2013 – Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Baroness Margaret Thatcher died at the age of eighty-seven after suffering from a stroke. She was the first female Prime Minister in the country.
The Lagos State Government has withdrawn charges against a musician, Azeez Fashola, alias Naira Marley, and a politician, Babatunde Gbadamosi.
Naira Marley, Gbadamosi and his wife were charged before the Lagos State Magistrates’ Court in Ogba for attending a crowded birthday party in violation of the government’s social distancing directive to check the spread of coronavirus.
They were scheduled for arraignment on Wednesday, but the government, according to one of the defence counsel, Mr. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (SAN), withdrew the four counts filed against the three defendants.
He said the state withdrew the charges on the condition that the defendants would tender an apology to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
2. BBNaija’s Nina all loved up in photo with hubby
Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Nina Chinonso Onyenobi also known as Nina has shared new photos of herself and her husband for the first time on Instagram.
Nina got married earlier in the year in a very private wedding ceremony.
The reality TV star took to her Instagram stories on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, where she shared the loved up videos and photos.
This would be the first time Nina would be giving fans a clue of the identity of her husband.
Recall that her wedding ceremony was marred with so many controversies as blogs and newspapers reported about the inconsistencies at the ceremony.
In her defense, the reality TV star came out to debunk the news of her husband not paying her bride price in full.
Nina was one of the housemates from the third season of Nigeria’s most-watched reality TV show, Big Brother Naija.
3.COVID-19 lockdown is doing a number on Nigerians and it’s not difficult to see how. All one just has to do is get on Twitter and check the Nigerian trends every day. Below are some interesting trends:
- Nigerians on Twitter and other social media platforms have launched stunning attacks on comedian, Ayo Makun widely known as AY, for defending Funke Akindele, a Nollywood star, who broke a ban on gathering of more than 20 persons put in place by the Lagos State Government.
- Controversial reality TV star Tacha has just declared singer Davido ‘missing’ after it appeared as if she has cleared her tattoo of his image on her chest.
Taking to Instagram earlier today, the BBNaija star who is currently in the United Kingdom posted a sultry photo of herself exposing her cleavage.
A fan noticed the image of the singer is missing and asked what happened to it.
Tacha then replied saying it is missing.
- Nigerian musician Reekado Banks recently embarked on a holiday trip to Gabon.But following the covid-19 pandemic, he is now stuck in the Central African country.
And unfortunately, Nigeria has shut its airspace ad orders to international travelers.
He has take to his Instagram handle to express his frustration.
“Smiling like everything is okay but deep down , Gabon ti su mi (Gabon is tiring me). E ba mi shi border ejo (please help me open the border),” he said.
- There is a popular city in Morocco called Chefchaouen. The entire city is painted blue.
- Guyana is the only country in South America that has English as an official language.
- The gorgeous island of Mauritius is the only African country with a majority Hindu population. Also, all students, disabled people and senior citizens can use public transport for free.
Joke of the day
Pickpocket (visiting friend in jail): “I hired a lawyer for you this morning, Slim, but I had to hand him my Rolex as a retainer.”
Slim: “Did he keep it?”
Pickpocket: “He thinks he did.”
Hope you enjoyed our episode for today. Do well to send feedback to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org