Watch Signature TV News Highlight: Federal Government Detects Over 1,500 Fake Workers In Civil Service

Share this post

Hello and Welcome to Signature TV News Highlight for this Wednesday

I am ……………

Federal Government Detects Over 1,500 Fake Workers In Civil Service

The Federal Government has detected over 1,500 workers who presented fake letters of employment to its verification committee.

The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Folashade Yemi-Esan, disclosed this at the ‘National Policy Dialogue on Entrenching Transparency in Public Office Recruitment in Nigeria’ organized by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission in Abuja.

Yemi-Esan said the Federal Government has suspended the salary of 3,000 civil servants who failed to present themselves for verification. #

Conduct Democratic Primaries Or Face Disqualification, INEC Tells Political Parties

Ahead of the 2023 general elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Tuesday advised political parties to ensure their party primaries are properly conducted in line with relevant laws.

The advice was contained in a statement signed by INEC’s National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye.

Okoye warned that the electoral umpire will not hesitate to disqualify any political party primaries that do not conform to the principles of internal democracy.

He also advised parties to deal and resolve the disaffection of members if any internally instead of unnecessary lawsuits. #

Train attack: 163 passengers, 7 crew members untraceable – NRC

The Nigerian Railway Corporation says it is yet to establish contact with 163 passengers and seven crew members who boarded the AK9 Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked by terrorists on March 28, 2022.

The NRC Managing Director, Fidet Okhiria, said in the sixth update from the corporation, explained that 191 passengers had been confirmed safe and reunited with their families.

According to him, 46 phone numbers on the manifest are still either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning while 33 phone numbers are ringing but no response from the other end.

Advertisement

He assured that work was ongoing to get the rail line back to operations. #

Army Recovers Weapons From Boko Haram Enclave In Sambisa

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant-General Farouk Yahaya has commended troops of Operation Hadin Kai in the Northeast for capturing large number of weapons from the enclave of Boko Haram insurgents during its recent operations in the Sambisa forest.

The COAS, who was taken round the equipment at the headquarters of the theatre command by the General Officer Commanding 7 Division of the Nigeria Army, Major-General Christopher Musa, assured Nigerians of the Army’s readiness to get rid of all terrorists in the country.

While thanking President Muhammadu Buhari for all the support, the COAS asked the terrorists to lay down their arms as soon as possible before it is too late.#

Eguavoen Was Not In Charge Of Super Eagles –Udeze

Former Nigerian defender, Ifeanyi Udeze has revealed that former Super Eagles interim coach, Austine Eguavoen was not fully in charge of the senior national team during his three-month reign as coach.
In an interview with Brila FM, Udeze blamed Eguavoen for not having enough guts to stamp his authority on the team and not taking key decisions when it mattered most.

He also advised the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to appoint a foreign coach that will manage the Super Eagles.#

Safety and security begin with you. Be patriotic. Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement agencies. Please stay safe.

That’s the Signature TV News Highlight, for details visit signaturetv.org

Share this post

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *