Watch Signature TV News Highlight: First Batch Of Evacuees From Romania Arrives Abuja
Hello and Welcome to Signature TV News Highlight for this Friday
First Batch Of Evacuees From Romania Arrives Abuja
Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) has announced that the first batch of Nigerian evacuees from Ukraine have arrived in the nation’s capital city, Abuja.
The Commission via its official Twitter handle said the passengers, who are mostly students who fled Ukraine to Romania following Russia’s invasion were about 450 and they landed at the private jet terminal of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport by 7:10 am via Max Air flight.
They were received by government officials and are expected to undergo documentation after which they will head home and self-isolate in line with the COVID-19 protocols.
Buhari Appoints Former Permanent Secretary As Executive Secretary Of TETFund
President Muhamadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Architect Sunday Echono as the new Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND).
Echono, the immediate past Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Education and Member, Board of Trustees of TETfund, takes over from Professor Sulaiman Bogoro, whose five-year tenure will end on March 18, 2022.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Director, Press and Public Relations at the federal ministry of education, Ben. Bem Goong.
ASUU strike: FG does not have money to meet lecturers’ demands – Ngige
The Minister of Labour, Chris Ngige has claimed that the federal government does not have the money to meet some of the demands of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, Ngige pointed out that the N1.3trillion revitalization fund was a promise made to ASUU by ex-president, Goodluck Jonathan when Nigeria’s finances were stable.
The Minister said President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration informed ASUU of its inability to honour the previous revitalization fund agreement, but promised to explore other options to fund universities.
JAMB To Register 1.5million Candidates By March 26 – Registrar
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it plans to register about 1.5 million candidates by March 26, the deadline set for the registration of candidates.
Speaking in Abuja on Thursday after monitoring the exercise, the JAMB Registrar, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, said the board has so far, registered over 500,000 candidates for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and also plans to register at least 50,000 candidates per day.
2022 W/Cup Playoff: CAF Releases Dates, Venues Of Final Qualifiers
The Confederation of African Football has confirmed the dates and venues of the 2022 FIFA World Cup playoff.
After intense rounds which saw the participation of all 54 CAF Member Associations, 10 teams are still in contention for the five African places at the prestigious world tournament.
The first leg of the last round is scheduled for 25 March 2022, while the second leg matches will be held on 29 March 2022, four days later.#
Safety and security begin with you. Be patriotic. Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement agencies. Please stay safe.
That’s the Signature TV News Highlight, for details visit signaturetv.org and Please do join us later in the evening for Signature TV News Update.