Watch SignatureTV News Highlight: Anambra North PDP leaders plot APC, APGA’s downfall in zone

Share this post

Anambra North PDP leaders plot APC, APGA’s downfall in zone

In a bid to secure Anambra North Senatorial District in the upcoming election, Leaders of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) have resolved to work extra hard to ensure that its candidate, Chief Valentine Ozigbo, sweeps votes on November 6 in their zone.

The leaders vowed not to give the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), the All Progressives Congress (APC) and other parties any chance to pick votes from the Senatorial District

The stakeholders made the resolution at a crucial meeting convened by the National Assembly member for Ogbaru Federal Constituency, Chukwuka Onyema in the area.

The convener, Onyema, in his address, said he called the meeting to enable the party leaders to brainstorm on how to ensure victory for Ozigbo in the forthcoming election.

Bandits abduct district head, demand N100m ransom in Niger

Barely two days after armed bandits killed no fewer than 20 villagers in a reprisal in magami, Shiroro local Government Area of Niger State, the District Head of Wawa in the Borgu emirate of the state, Mahmud Ahmed, has been abducted.

Less than six hours after his abduction, a source close to the community said the gunmen have demanded N100million ransom for the release of the traditional ruler.

The District head was abducted by the heavily armed men from his palace

According to our source, the heavily armed men, all dressed in military uniform, and riding on motorcycles, invaded the palace of the district head at about 12midnight and quietly took him away from his palace to an unknown destination on Saturday night.

The Wawa town where he was abducted is about two kilometers to the 221 Wawa Military cantonment in Borgu.

 

FG Condemns ‘Unconstitutional Change Of Govt’ In Guinea

The Nigerian Government has condemned what it describes as an apparent coup d’état in the Republic of Guinea.

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mrs Esther Sunsuwa, made the position of the government known in a statement on Sunday.

According to the statement, the takeover of power by the military is in clear violation of the ECOWAS Protocol on Democracy and Good Governance.

The statement was issued following reports that special forces in Guinea have taken over power in what appears to be a new twist in the political unrest in the West African country.

Advertisement

As a result, incumbent President Alpha Conde who has been in office since December 2010, was said to have been arrested by the soldiers.

The soldier announced that Guinea’s land and air borders have been shut and that the government had been dissolved.

 

Tokyo Closes ‘Historic’ Paralympics With Colourful Ceremony

Tokyo bid a colourful farewell to the paralympics on Sunday after 12 days of stereotype-defying, record-shattering performances despite a year-long pandemic delay.

International Paralympic Committee chief Andrew Parsons declared the Games closed on a cool night in the Olympic Stadium, saying they had not just been historic, but fantastic.

The closing ceremony, with fans locked out over virus fears but with roughly 2,000 athletes and officials in attendance, featured a riot of neon-clad breakdancers, unicycling butterflies and strutting stilt-walkers, using materials recycled from the Olympic opening ceremony for its vivid props.

 

 

 

Share this post

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *