HomeNEWSWatch Signature TV News Update: Buhari sacks Agric, Power Ministers

Watch Signature TV News Update: Buhari sacks Agric, Power Ministers

Buhari sacks Agric, Power Ministers

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday sacked the Minister of Agriculture, Sabo Nanono, and the Minister of Power, Mamman Sale.

This is the first time the President is taking such an action since he took over government about six years ago.

The Minister of Environment, Mohammed Abubakar has been deployed to Agriculture to replace Sabo Nanono, while Abubakar Aliu, Minister of State for Works replaces Mamman Sale as the Minister of Power.

President Buhari, who announced the changes at the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting, has said that this would be a continuous exercise. 

Four Killed as Gunmen Attack Kogi Community

At least four persons have been killed and scores injured on Tuesday after gunmen attacked Bagana, an Igala community in Omala Local Government Area of Kogi State.

A resident of the village explained that the gunmen invaded a shop located at the heart of the community, killing the sales representative and three customers, amidst many residents who were injured as the attackers went on a shooting spree.

While confirming the incident, the Kogi State Commissioner of Police, Idrisu Dabban on Wednesday stated that investigation has been launched into the incident. 

 

EXCLUSION FROM SAME OPPORTUNITY IS CORRUPTION – CEEDAR

The Founder Cedar Seed Foundation and advocate for Persons With Disability, Lois Auta says depriving people of having the same opportunity as others is corruption.

She made the statement in Abuja on Monday while launching a report undertaken by the foundation to measure the impact of corruption in the life of people with disabilities in the Federal Capital Territory using the Six Area Councils in the nation’s capital city.

Marvelous Obomanu reports 

NCDC DG Ihekweazu Appointed Assistant DG Of WHO

The Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Chikwe Ihekweazu, has been appointed the Assistant Director-General of Health Emergency Intelligence at the World Health Organisation (WHO).

In a letter signed by the WHO Director-General, Tedros Ghebreyesus the world body said the appointment will take effect from September 1, 2021.

Sources in the NCDC also confirmed the development and stated that the inauguration of the WHO Hub for Pandemic and Epidemic Intelligence is expected to take place later on Wednesday. 

IN BUSINESS

FG Set to Commence Rehabilitation of Lagos/Sango-Ota Expressway

The Federal Government says it is set to immediately commence the rehabilitation of failed portions of the Lagos-Sango-Abeokuta federal highway.

The Minister for Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, announced this on Tuesday during a teleconference between the Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun and the minister’s team.

According to him, those portions of the federal roads have become a nightmare to motorists and commuters and a team of engineers from the Federal Ministry of Works is expected on Thursday for preparatory assessment ahead of the rehabilitation works.

Present at the meeting called at the instance of Governor Abiodun was the Minister, Managing Director, Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA), Engr. Nurudeen Rafindadi; Director of Federal Highway (Construction and Rehabilitation), Engr Folorunso Esan; among others. 

 

ON THE FOREIGN SCENE

Five Missing as US Navy Helicopter Crashes Off California Coast

The United States Pacific Fleet on Tuesday said that the search and rescue operations were underway for five crew members missing after a US Navy helicopter crashed into the sea off the coast of California.

One of the crew members of the MH-60S helicopter which took off from the USS Abraham Lincoln during routine flight operations about 60 nautical miles off the coast of San Diego at 4:30 pm had been rescued but five are still missing. 

 

IN SPORTS

Saul Niguez: Chelsea sign Spanish international on loan from Atletico Madrid

Chelsea has signed midfielder Saul Niguez on loan for the season from Atletico Madrid. The Blues paid Atletico Madrid £3.4million pounds loan fee and have an option to make the deal permanent for £30million pounds next summer.

The 26-year-old, who was part of Diego Simeone’s title-winning side last season, made more than 300 appearances for Atletico after breaking into the first team as a 17-year-old in 2012.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia welcomed Saul to the club as he said he believes he completes their squad as they compete for honours in five different competitions this season. 

Safety and security begin with you. Be patriotic. Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement agencies. Please stay safe.

 

 

Share this story
Written by

Signature TV is a multi-media company, owners and operators of signaturetv.org and producers of The Signature Show on AIT and Corruption Tori. Our programmes are broadcast on the AIT Network and on Seven NTA stations across the country. We are content providers for a number of television networks and some State TV stations, with a respected 24/7, high online and offline followership. We are also Communications/Media Consultants to MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation and OSIWA.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Daily Updates

Subscribe to get news updates