HomeNEWSAgain, FG to shut down Third Mainland Bridge Friday

Again, FG to shut down Third Mainland Bridge Friday

The federal government will again shut down the Third Mainland Bridge this weekend for another round of expansion joints replacement.

 

The bridge would be closed from midnight on Friday to midnight on Monday, February 1.

 

Federal Controller of Works Lagos, Olukayode Popoola made the announcement on Wednesday.

 

Popoopla told newsmen that construction works had reached the stage for casting concrete on additional three expansion joints.

 

He said there was a need to stop all movements on the bridge that could cause vibrations.

 

The official appealed for the understanding of Lagos residents.

 

“Messers Boroni Prono is planning to cast three number expansion joints on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st. We are sorry for the inconveniences this may cause Lagosians,” he said.

 

The bridge, which links the mainland and island, was partially shut from July 24, 2020.

 

Since then, other routes that usually witnessed traffic are now mostly blocked.

FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites
Share this story
No comments

Leave a Reply

Daily Updates

Subscribe to get news updates