HomeNEWSCOVID-19: FG releases details of 100 banned passengers

COVID-19: FG releases details of 100 banned passengers

The Federal Government has released the passport numbers of 100 travelers who failed to undergo the compulsory COVID-19 test after returning to the country.

“The PTF has placed travel restrictions on the first 100 passengers for non-compliance to the mandatory Day 7 post-arrival COVID-19 test,” the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19 tweeted on Saturday.

It said the restrictions started from January 1, 2021, and would last till June 30, 2021.

The PTF also said the defaulting passengers have been notified and will be prevented from traveling out of the country during the period.

Source: @DigiCommsNG/Twitter

The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, who is also the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, had earlier in the week said the affected travelers would be published before the end of the week.

Nigeria has recorded over 85,000 Covid infections including more than 1,200 associated fatalities, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

The country, which battles the second wave of the pandemic, is also mulling travel restrictions on flights from the United Kingdom and South Africa to curb the new strain of the virus.

Share this story
Written by

Signature TV is a multi-media company, owners and operators of signaturetv.org and producers of The Signature Show on AIT and Corruption Tori. Our programmes are broadcast on the AIT Network and on Seven NTA stations across the country. We are content providers for a number of television networks and some State TV stations, with a respected 24/7, high online and offline followership. We are also Communications/Media Consultants to MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation and OSIWA.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Daily Updates

Subscribe to get news updates