Sunday, March 3, 2024

US says no American casualty from Iran’s missile strikes

An official of the the United States Pentagon said there were no casualties recorded on the side of its troops in Iraq, after missile hits by Iran on Wednesday on air bases at Al Asad and Erbil used in conjunction with Iraqi troops.

This denial debunked Iranian claims that its missiles killed 80 US military personnel and wounded 200 others.

With no Americans killed, expectations of an immediate escalation in the oil-exporting region appeared to recede.

Advertisement

Though retribution had been expected for the deadly drone strike, Iraq said it had received verbal notice from the Iranians prior to the strikes.

A U.S. official said the Iranians deliberately aimed to miss the Americans.

This may have informed President Donald Trump’s cryptic tweet early on Wednesday: ‘So far so good, all is well”.

Advertisement

He promised to make a statement later today. But he has not, since 11 hours ago, after his last tweet.

Meanwhile, airlines are not taking chances that the conflict will not snowball into more ciolence and missile strikes as they changed routes to avoid the conflict zone.

signaturetv.org/pmnewsnigeria/IJM

Signature TV
Signature TVhttps://signaturetv.isitedigitals.com
Signature TV is a multi-media company, owners and operators of signaturetv.org and producers of The Signature Show on AIT and Corruption Tori. Our programmes are broadcast on the AIT Network and on Seven NTA stations across the country. We are content providers for a number of television networks and some State TV stations, with a respected 24/7, high online and offline followership. We are also Communications/Media Consultants to MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation and OSIWA.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

Latest Articles