Watch Signature TV News Highlight: Kaduna Train Attack: Buhari Directs Immediate Implementation Of Surveillance System

Share this post

Hello and Welcome to Signature TV News Highlight for this Wednesday  

I Am Prepared To Be President For Better Nigeria, Wike Declares

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, says he is fully prepared for the assignment of being the President of Nigeria because he has the capacity to address lingering issues of insecurity and poor national economy.

Governor Wike maintained Nigerians can no longer resign to fate, suffer the pains of  harsh economy and wanton killings under the watch of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led Federal Government.

He made those remarks when a group, the Northern Progressives Elements and Friends of Wike, in Abuja, presented the purchased Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms to him on Tuesday to contest the 2023 presidential election on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party. #

Kaduna Train Attack: Buhari Directs Immediate Implementation Of Surveillance System

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday met with Service Chiefs in Abuja over the Kaduna train incident which occurred on Monday and directed the immediate conclusion of all the processes for the implementation of the integrated security surveillance and monitoring solution for the Abuja to Kaduna railway line.

According to a statement signed by presidential spokesperson Garba Shehu, the President said the solution should be extended to cover the Lagos-Ibadan railway line.

The President also directed the Nigerian Railway Corporation management to speedily repair the damaged lines and resume normal service without delay. #

Victims Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Receive Treatment In Hospitals, El-Rufai Visits

Meanwhile, some victims of Monday’s attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train have been admitted to the 44 military hospital and St. Gerald hospital in Kaduna State.

Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai on Tuesday visited some of the victims receiving treatment at the hospitals. It is not yet clear how many persons were injured but the attacked train had the capacity to convey more than 1,000 passengers.

At least seven people are feared dead and many are believed to have been abducted by the terrorists, who attacked the train.

Amongst those injured is the former Deputy Governor of Zamfara State, Ibrahim Wakkala who is also receiving treatment in one of the hospitals the governor visited. #

We’ve Lost More Than N3bn To Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack – Amaechi

Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi on Tuesday said it will take more than N3 billion to replace what had been lost to the attack on the Abuja-Kaduna rail route.

Amaechi, speaking to newsmen after visiting the scene of the attack, said the unfortunate event could have been avoided if N3 billion in digital security equipment had been acquired. #

Advertisement

Tear Gas Fired As Nigeria Fans Riot Over World Cup Loss

Nigerian security forces fired tear gas to disperse hundreds of angry fans who stormed the pitch and went on a rampage after Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup late Tuesday.

Outraged supporters flooded the field of the sold-out 60,000 capacity stadium in the capital, after Ghana upset the home team by forcing a 1-1 draw to win the African play-off on away goals and dash Nigeria’s hopes of appearing in the World Cup later this year.

The draw meant Nigeria will miss out on the 2022 Qatar World Cup on the away goal rules. #

Safety and security begin with you. Be patriotic. Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement agencies. Please stay safe.

That’s the Signature TV News Highlight, for details visit signaturetv.org

 

 

 

 

Share this post

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *