HomeNEWSWatch Signature TV News Update – At Least Five Killed as Gas Explosion Hits Ladipo Market

Watch Signature TV News Update – At Least Five Killed as Gas Explosion Hits Ladipo Market

At Least Five Killed as Gas Explosion Hits Ladipo Market

No fewer than five persons have been confirmed dead in a gas explosion at Ladipo in the Mushin Local Government area of Lagos State.

The explosion occurred on Tuesday morning at the Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) domestic retail centre located on Ojekunle Street at the popular Ladipo Spare Parts Market.

A spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed the incident to newsmen while stating that the bodies of four adults, three men and a woman identified as Mama Funmi have so far been recovered from the scene of the explosion and a 10-year-old boy who was rescued and taken to the hospital, died before getting to the medical centre.

Farinloye explained that the fire at the scene had already been put out while emergency workers were making effort to recover more bodies.

Those present include personnel of NEMA, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Lagos State Fire Service, and the police.

 

Army, police massacred defenceless protesters at Lekki tollgate – Panel

The Judicial Panel of Inquiry set up by Lagos State has said that officers and soldiers of 65 Batallion of the Nigerian Army, led by Lieutenant Colonel Bello, and men of Nigeria Police directly and pointedly shot and killed peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020.

The report indicted the Lagos State Government, Nigerian Army and Police in the death of defenceless youths at Lekki Toll Gate and an attempt to cover it up.

The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution on Lekki Toll Gate shooting Incident and cases of Police brutality had on Monday submitted the report to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

After one year, Nigerian youths accused the government of killing and shooting peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20th, 2020.

the End SARS panel in the report said it discovered that the cases of death; massacre or injured protesters were credible and uncontroverted, as the soldiers were also nailed for turning back ambulances that were invited to render first aid assistance to the wounded protesters.

The Judicial Panel of Inquiry concluded that what happened at Lekki Toll Gate on October 20 2020 was a massacre considering that protesters were defenceless members of the civil populace, youth and young adults.

 

Bandits are living in fool’s paradise – Buhari reacts to killing of 15 people in Sokoto

President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the latest massacre of 15 people in Goronyo and Illela local government areas of Sokoto, warning that the needless and mindless violence against innocent people cannot go unpunished.

Reacting to the incident from South Africa through his media aide, Garba Shehu, President Buhari warned that, the persistent and unprovoked violence against unarmed civilians must be met with a fierce response by the government.

According to the President, they are taking delivery of military equipment to improve the capacity of our security forces to effectively deal with these seeming unending security issues.

 

Nomination, Expression of Interest Forms for Ekiti, Osun Polls Cost N22.5m – APC

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced a total cost of N22.5 million for its nomination and expression of interest forms for members aspiring to contest for the party’s ticket ahead of the governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun States.

This was contained in the timetable and schedule of activities for the elections released by the National Secretary of APC Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC), John Akpanudoedehe.

Akpanudoedehe stated that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed June 18 and July 16, 2022, to conduct the elections in Ekiti and Osun States respectively and explained that the timeline approved by the APC leadership was released in accordance with the provisions of the Electoral Act and INEC guidelines.

 

IN BUSINESS

NUPENG Threatens Nationwide Strike, Issues FG 14-Day Ultimatum

The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has threatened to embark on a nationwide strike and issued a 14-day ultimatum to the Federal Government.

NUPENG said it would commence a nationwide strike if some legitimate welfare and membership-related issues such as the non-payment of workers’ salaries, title benefits, among others are not conclusively addressed at the end of the period.

The ultimatum was contained in a statement released on Monday and jointly signed by NUPENG President, Williams Akhoreha and General Secretary, Olawale Afolabi.

The union said the decision was reached during a special national delegates conference convened last Thursday.

 

ON THE FOREIGN SCENE

Twin Explosions Hit Ugandan Capital

Two explosions hit Uganda’s capital Kampala on Tuesday, injuring some people in what police termed an attack on the city, the latest in a string of blasts targeting the country.

The Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Uganda, Edward Ochom, confirmed the incident, adding that the explosions took place near the Central Police Station and another took place near the entrance to Parliament, all in the central business district.

He also stated that the injured had been taken to hospital and the matter was under investigation.

Kyle Spencer, the executive director of Uganda’s Internet Exchange Point, who heard the blasts, told newsmen that the explosions had sparked panic among many people nearby.

Meanwhile, Parliament cancelled its Tuesday session following the attacks, asking members to avoid the area as security forces are working hard to restore order.

 

IN SPORTS

Qatar 2022 Qualifier: No Pressure Ahead Cape Verde Clash, Says Musa

Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa has assured Nigerians that the Super Eagles are mature, professional, and ambitious enough to deal with any pressure when taking on the Blue Sharks of Cape Verde in Tuesday’s crucial game of Group C of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 qualifying African series.

Musa made this known at a pre-match press conference on Monday in Lagos, where Nigeria leads the group after five matches with 12 points while Cape Verde follows closely with 10 points, and that explains the importance of the encounter in Lagos.

After a hard-fought 2-0 victory over Liberia in Tangier, the former Leicester City forward confirmed the team has the right mindset to execute the mission.

Super Eagles Head Coach, Gernot Rohr, who will be in charge of his 54th game for the Nigerian senior men’s team on Tuesday, was confident that the three-time African champions would collect all three points against the Sharks, just as they did when both teams met at the Estadio Municipal Adérito Sena on the island of Mindelo on September 7.

Safety and security begin with you. Be patriotic. Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement agencies. Please stay safe.

 

 

Share this story
No comments

Leave a Reply

Daily Updates

Subscribe to get news updates