HomeNEWSWatch Signature TV News Highlight: PDP Says Emergency Rule In Anambra State Is Ploy To Rig Election

Watch Signature TV News Highlight: PDP Says Emergency Rule In Anambra State Is Ploy To Rig Election

 

Emergency Rule In Anambra Is Ploy To Rig Election, Says PDP

The People’s Democratic Party has warned against imposing a state of emergency in Anambra State ahead of the November 6 governorship election.

Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, had on Wednesday said the Federal Government had the option of imposing emergency rule if the security situation in the state deteriorates.

In a statement signed by PDP’s spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party called on the Federal Government to perish every contemplation of imposing a state of emergency in Anambra state ahead of the November 6 governorship election.

The PDP holds that the reported move to foist an emergency rule in Anambra state is a ploy by the APC-led government to suppress the people, manipulate the process and rig the governorship election for the APC and its candidate.#

 

Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am Willing To Succeed Buhari In 2023 Only If…

Former Abia State governor and current Senate Chief Whip, Orji Uzor Kalu, has given conditions to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023.

Speaking to newsmen after receiving the traditional title of Kibiya (Arrow) of Argungu Emirate, Kalu stated that he would only contest if Nigerians asked him to.

While insisting that his ambition, for now, is to return to the Senate in 2023, the former governor described the upper legislative chambers as a very interesting place.#

 

Jonathan, Buhari Hold Closed-Door Meeting In Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday received his immediate predecessor, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, in his office at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The former president came into Aso Rock at about 4 pm but it is yet unclear what they both discussed as Jonathan did not address journalists after the meeting.

Also, the presidency has yet to disclose the agenda of the meeting.

The ex-President had been working as ECOWAS special envoy to Mali, a position that has brought him in more regular contact with President Buhari in recent times.#

 

We did not disqualify Nigerians from getting SIM – NCC

The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC has debunked the rumour that Nigerians below 18 years are disqualified from owning Subscriber Identity Module, SIM.

In a statement signed by its Public Affairs Director, Ikechukwu Adinde and made available to newsmen on Thursday, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) said that the initial report was not only misleading and inaccurate; but misinformation and mischaracterisation of the proceedings of the Public Inquiry on the Reviewed/Draft Registration of Telephone Subscribers Regulations, which took place on Tuesday, October 6, 2021.”

According to the commission, the age of 18 years for SIM acquisition proposed in the draft regulation is contingent on the constitutional provision, which makes 18 years the age of consent in Nigeria. #

 

Nigeria’s Payment System Attracted $500m Investment In 5 Years —CBN

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has disclosed that the country’s payment system had attracted investment of about $500 million in firms run by Nigerian founders between 2015 and 2020.

The CBN governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, made the revelation at the 31st seminar for Finance Correspondents and Business Editors with the theme “Trends in Nigerian Payments System: Regulating the Fintech Digital playing Field on Wednesday.

Emefiele, represented by the Deputy Governor, Corporate Services Directorate, Mr Edward Adamu, said that the post-COVID-19 economy was predicted to be dominated by certain trends including a radically altered financial industry landscape, adding that digital revolution would be a focus for financial institutions in the months ahead.

#

Expectations as Buhari presents N16.39trn 2022 Budget, targets N10.13trn revenue

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) Wednesday approved the 2022 Appropriation Bill comprising of N16.39 trillion expenditure for presentation to the joint sitting of the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday.

This was disclosed by the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed while briefing State House correspondents at the end of the weekly FEC meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari.

She said the Federal Executive Council considered the changes in the 2022-2024 fiscal projections based on the implementation of the Petroleum Industry Act 2021 and other necessary expenditures that should be accommodated in the 2022 budget.#

 

At Least Two Injured As Fire Guts Federal Secretariat Abuja

At least two people have been injured in a fire that engulfed a part of the Federal Secretariat complex in Abuja on Wednesday.

Eyewitnesses said that they jumped from the second floor where the fire started and injured themselves.

According to one eyewitness, the fire started on the second floor of the first phase of the complex, which houses the Federal Ministry of Education.

The firefighters battled the fire for hours before it was finally put off after deploying four firefighting trucks.

The complex is located in the three-arm zone of the nation’s capital and houses major federal ministries, departments and agencies.#

 

Respite for patients as doctors resume work

Activities have returned to the previously deserted public hospitals across the country as doctors under the aegis of Association of National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) returned to work on Wednesday after a nearly three months industrial action.

The is coming as the federal government has started implementing some of the demands of the resident doctors

In compliance with the directive of the association, the doctors resumed duty bringing relief to patients and their families.#

 

Army Engages Stakeholders To End Killings In Southern Kaduna

The Commander, Operation SAFE HAVEN (OPSH), Major General Ibrahim Ali, on Tuesday met with religious and traditional leaders of southern Kaduna in Kafanchan to discuss ways on how to end attacks and counter-attacks in the area.

Ali, who is the General Officer Commanding 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, said the meeting was part of his strategic engagement with critical stakeholders to promote peace in the area.

Southern Kaduna in recent times has been witnessing series of ethno-religious conflicts, banditry and kidnapping activities resulting in the death of many lives.

He urged stakeholders to educate their subjects to avoid making hate speeches and disinformation capable of fueling crises.#

 

 

Share this story
Written by

Signature TV is a multi-media company, owners and operators of signaturetv.org and producers of The Signature Show on AIT and Corruption Tori. Our programmes are broadcast on the AIT Network and on Seven NTA stations across the country. We are content providers for a number of television networks and some State TV stations, with a respected 24/7, high online and offline followership. We are also Communications/Media Consultants to MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation and OSIWA.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Daily Updates

Subscribe to get news updates