HomeNEWSAnambra guber: FG orders security agents to crush IPOB, disgruntled elements

Anambra guber: FG orders security agents to crush IPOB, disgruntled elements

The Federal Government has ordered security agents to crush members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and other disgruntled elements bent on sabotaging the conduct of the Anambra gubernatorial election  slated for November 6.

IPOB had last week issued a one week sit-at-home order in the South East which is believed to be targeted at frustrating prospective voters, electoral officials and other logistics suppliers from coming out for the Anambra poll.

However, speaking during an emergency meeting between the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Inter Agency Consultative Committee on Election Security (ICCES) in Abuja, on Monday ,  National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Mungono, warned that security agents would not tolerate any act of lawlessness during the conduct of the poll in Anambra.

 

He said the right to vote in an election was legitimate and charged security agencies to ensure that no voter was denied the right to exercise his franchise  on November 6 in Anambra.

He tasked security agencies assigned to the state to act professionally but firmly in creating an atmosphere devoid of rancour, apprehension, tension, and all factors that lead to suspicion and people ending up in courts after the poll.

 

Again, gunmen kill six, abduct several others in Katsina

At least six people have reportedly been killed while several others were abducted after bandits on Sunday evening raided Unguwar Samanja village in Faskari local government area of Katsina State.

Residents of neighbouring Daudawa told newsmen that the bandits arrived at the village at 5:49 p.m. when residents where preparing for the dawn prayer.

A civil society organisation in Daudawa had cried out that despite the security measures taken by the state government, Faskari local government area has remained under attack.

 

Buhari arrives Riyadh for Future Investment Initiative Summit

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday night  arrived Riyadh, the capital of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to take part in the Future Investment Initiative Institute conference.

He was received at King Khalid International Airport by the Deputy Governor of Riyadh, Prince Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Abdulaziz.

Buhari, with other world leaders, will participate in the opening ceremony of the event on Tuesday and the three-day plenary sessions, focused on the theme for the 5th edition of the summit, “Invest in Humanity”.

 

The President is accompanied on the trip by the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo; Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami; Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Amb. Zubairu Dada; Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, among others.

 

Nigeria becomes first African country to roll out digital currency

President Muhammadu Buhari on m Monday launched the country’s new digital eNaira currency.

Nigeria now becomes first African country to roll out digital currency, as Africa’s largest economy looked to tap into the growing popularity of virtual money and cryptocurrencies.

At the launch on Monday in Abuja, President Buhari said the adoption of the Central Bank of Nigeria Digital Currency (CBDC) can increase the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by $29 billion over the next 10 years.

The digital currency, he said, has its underlying technology, called blockchain, that would enable the government to send direct payments to citizens eligible for specific welfare programmes as well as foster cross border trade.

He noted that Nigeria’s apex bank has invested heavily in creating a Payment System that is ranked in the top ten in the world and certainly the best in Africa.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expected to stay at Man Utd despite 5-0 Liverpool defeat

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to remain in charge as Manchester United manager despite their heavy defeat at the hands of Liverpool.

The feeling within the club is that while the result was bitterly disappointing and painful for everyone, the immediate focus is on improving after picking up one point from their last four Premier League games.

United’s next two Premier League matches are against Tottenham and Manchester City, both live on Sky Sports, and they also face Atalanta in the Champions League next week.

But despite their poor results and huge external speculation, there is no suggestion from inside the club that Solskjaer’s job is under threat at this point.

Former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has been in contact with United about taking over should they decide to make a change, though  there has been no contact between the parties.

 

 

Share this story
Written by

Signature TV is a multi-media company, owners and operators of signaturetv.org and producers of The Signature Show on AIT and Corruption Tori. Our programmes are broadcast on the AIT Network and on Seven NTA stations across the country. We are content providers for a number of television networks and some State TV stations, with a respected 24/7, high online and offline followership. We are also Communications/Media Consultants to MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation and OSIWA.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Daily Updates

Subscribe to get news updates