HomeNEWSSignature News Highlight: Open grazing ban: Miyetti-Allah seeks time extension in Enugu

Signature News Highlight: Open grazing ban: Miyetti-Allah seeks time extension in Enugu

JAMB scraps uniform cut-off marks

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has pegged the fee for the post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post-UTME) at N2,000.

This statement was made at the 2021 policy meeting held virtually and chaired by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, at the headquarters of JAMB in Bwari, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja on Tuesday.

It also adopted the minimum cut-off marks for 2021/2022 admissions to be 120 for Universities while polytechnics and Colleges of Education, are not allowed to go below 100 for admission.

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, stated that every institution is expected to maintain its minimum score during admissions.

 

Open grazing ban: Miyetti-Allah seeks time extension in Enugu

The Miyetti-Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN has asked the Enugu State House of Assembly to give its members an extension of one month to enable them to articulate a position for an impute into the bill for a law to prohibit open grazing.

Miyetti-Allah’s sister group, Gan-Allah Fulani Development Association of Nigeria, GAFDAN, also made a similar request, pleading that the state assembly delays its passage of the bill for 30 days to enable them to take a position on how the bill will affect their businesses in the state.

This was made known at the House of Assembly joint committee on Agriculture, Youths and Security Matters and Judiciary, Public Petitions, Ethics and Privileges in the hallowed chambers of the House.

 

EXCLUDING PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING THE SAME OPPORTUNITY AS OTHERS IS CORRUPTION – CEDAR SEED FOUNDATION

The Founder Cedar Seed Foundation and advocate for Persons With Disability, Lois Auta says depriving people of having the same opportunity as others are corruption.

She made the statement in Abuja on Monday while launching a report undertaken by the foundation to major the impact of corruption in the life of people with disabilities in the Federal Capital Territory using the six Area Councils in the nation’s capital city.

According to  Auta, choosing the FCT was strategic because the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Ministers and Key government officers reside in the FCT.

She said the report carefully investigated how corruption has been affecting people with disabilities including women and children in the FCT

The advocate said federal government programmes are not easily accessible for those living with disabilities and funds they are supposed to get because of their living conditions are not given to them.

 

MSME Survival Fund: FG Disburses N56.84bn To 1m Beneficiaries

The Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Ambassador Mariam Katagum, has revealed that so far, N56.84 billion Naira has been disbursed to over 1 million beneficiaries under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Survival Fund Scheme.

The minister made the disclosure while flagging off the Guaranteed Off-Take Scheme, which started last year to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on small businesses in Nigeria.

On the Guaranteed Off-Take The scheme, the Minister said out of the projected 100,000 beneficiaries, 50,032 MSMEs have been selected from 65,976 applications received.

 

Former Champions, D’Tigers Crash Out Of 2021 Afrobasket

D’Tigers had defeated Mali in the first Group C match 81-73, clawed Kenya 71-55 in the second match before losing the third game to Ivory Coast 68-77.

The defeat in the final group match meant they failed to secure Group C’s automatic quarter-final ticket.

They, however, had a second chance of qualifying for the quarter-finals with the make or bust clash with the Ugandans.

Sadly, the 2015 Afrobasket winners failed to win against the East Africans who sent them packing from the championship.

The Kaduna State basketball association chairman told Daily Trust that the team did not prepare well for the tournament.

 

Safety and security begin with you. Be patriotic. Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement agencies. Please stay safe.

That’s the Signature TV News Highlight, for details, visit www.signaturetv.org and Please do join us later in the evening for Signature TV News Update

On behalf of my producer  John Onyiah

I am …………………………….

 

Share this story
Written by

Signature TV is a multi-media company, owners and operators of signaturetv.org and producers of The Signature Show on AIT and Corruption Tori. Our programmes are broadcast on the AIT Network and on Seven NTA stations across the country. We are content providers for a number of television networks and some State TV stations, with a respected 24/7, high online and offline followership. We are also Communications/Media Consultants to MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation and OSIWA.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Daily Updates

Subscribe to get news updates